During the slow season... - Posted by Carlene (Maine)

Posted by JD_TX on February 13, 2001 at 03:23:05:

Carlene, I’d be interested a sample of your letter. Sounds like a super idea and time saver. Thanks

During the slow season… - Posted by Carlene (Maine)

Posted by Carlene (Maine) on February 11, 2001 at 08:29:14:

As I’ve mentioned things have been rather slow in Maine…however, I just thought I would share with you all what my partner and I are doing to prepare for Spring. It seems to be working well for us.
We got a list of ALL mobile home parks in the state and have targeted all those within about an hour or so from us. We have sent a very short letter of introduction to all the park owners stating that we will be calling them soon to set up an appointment to come and visit. Then, of course, we visit and send a follow up thank you.
We are trying to set the datebase so that in the Spring we won’t waste our time in parks where we aren’t wanted.
So far, we have had quite a bit of success. (We’ve also been turned away by some of course, but that is fine.) We’ve even had a couple park owners call us before we called them to say they would love to meet with us.
Just a thought to keep busy during the winter.

This technique probably won’t meet everyone’s style…but it seems to be working for us. We are making the rounds and will be ready for spring thaw!

Carlene

Re: During the slow season… - Posted by Jeff Bliven - TN

Posted by Jeff Bliven - TN on February 13, 2001 at 12:11:11:

Yes… Excellent use of “down time”!

1. Would you share how you got the list of MHP’s in your area? Anything magic here??

2. I too, would be interested to see the letters you sent out, as well as some more of your story!!

TIA,
Jeff Bliven
TraderGuy@bigfoot.com

Re: During the slow season… - Posted by John_OHKY

Posted by John_OHKY on February 13, 2001 at 06:54:09:

Carlene,

Thanks for the idea. How did you go about finding all of the mobile home parks in your state?

Thanks,

John