Dursban is being yanked from the market place. - Posted by SusanL.--FL

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 18, 2000 at 13:57:25:

Suzanne,

Thanks for the “heads up” on both the web site and the product.
Demon® WP = $88
Cynoff® WP = $67
Difference = $21
Anytime I can save $21, I’m a happy camper.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Dursban is being yanked from the market place. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on June 16, 2000 at 10:06:39:

It?s a GREAT pesticide but is being pulled from the market because of its toxicity. Continued exposure could prove fatal…or so they say…

Out of desperation a couple years ago, Kenny used it on one of our rentals to exterminate (an UNBELIEVABLE) infestation of cckroaches. It was like an Alfred Hitchcck movie! (How people could live like that is beyond me—and they were food service people!)

The place was just crawling! He even had to remove the electrical wall s*ckets and take the lightswitch covers off—then soak down the inside of the walls.

Took a couple weeks to air the place out.

Stuff worked great!

BUT! If I show up at the next r.e. convention looking like a contender for the a Quasi Modo ?look-alike? contest, you?ll know the stuff shudda bin banned! :slight_smile:

C-ya!

Re: Dursban - Posted by Suzanne

Posted by Suzanne on June 18, 2000 at 12:42:28:

Demon WP works great. Another product called Cynoff WP has the exact same label, but is less expensive. I purchase it from www.doyourownpestcontrol.com. Their customer service department is very helpful with any rodent and insect problems you may have.

Try Demon® WP by Zeneca, Inc. - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 17, 2000 at 18:38:47:

I can highly recommend a product called Demon® WP that is manufactured by Zeneca, Inc. in Wilmington, Delaware. It is an EXTREMELY powerful insecticide and is very effective against roaches, ants, carpenter ants, silverfish, fleas, earwigs, and a whole host of other bugs. I buy it at a local pest control supply store. At first blush, it appears expensive ($90 for a 1 lb. container) but when you consider that you only need 2 scoops (0.66 oz) per 1 gallon of water, it ends up being fairly cost effective. The first application (cleanout) requires 2 scoops per gallon of H2O, but ongoing maintenance treatments only require 1 scoop. Also, each application retains its potency for quite some time so ongoing maintenance is only necessary on an infrequent schedule. I treat every rehab that I do as well as every time I do a “make ready” on one of my rentals and I also use it for my own home.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX