Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by HD on July 15, 2002 at 11:18:29:

You may want to fax them a letter attn to Dwan at 303-838-5530. I have attended their Bootcamp and can say they are definitely honest and good people to work with.

Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on July 14, 2002 at 15:08:14:

Hi Everyone,

I remember reading awhile back that alot of folks bought Dwan and Sharon’s course on short sale foreclosures. As I recall, there were alot of folks not so happy with the printed manuals and were waiting to see if the tapes would’ve made it worth the investment. I would think by now, those that ordered the course got the tapes and could now give an update on their impressions of the course.

Thanks in advance for your responses,
Bob

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 15, 2002 at 17:02:27:

Their materials simply suck. Poorly written, redundant and more fluff than a pillow. Listening to their tapes is not much better.

What I find even more appalling than their lousy course(s) is that they were allowed to sale them at the CRE Convention. I think Terry, JP et al do a great job on this site and at the convention generally, but CLEARLY Dwan and Sharon are not up to standards. Purchasers of their course have stated quite clearly that the course was a joke. For every one person who likes the course, actully I don’t recall anyone liking the course, their are 10 who hate it.

The three manuals more or less said the same things, all had a third of the pages dedicated to definitions, lots of blank spaces and most annoying were not well written or edited.

I have probally reviewed about 14 or so different courses since I have been into rei and this course is by FAR the worst one I have encountered.

If you want to know about foreclosures, get Kaiser’s course instead. His course is major leauge. Dwan’s course is junior high school junior varsity.

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by Scott (CO)

Posted by Scott (CO) on July 15, 2002 at 10:30:23:

FWIW - I recently saw them at a meeting here in Denver. Great speakers, very motivating, and the ideas seem very sound. They got me very excited to try their methods, and possibly even take one of their boot camps.

However, I’ve emailed them three times at the email address advertised on their web site, and have yet to get a single response back. I’d hate to buy into their mentoring, and have the same kind of response!

Again - I don’t like to put anyone down, perhaps they’ve had email problems, etc, but seems to me that they might be more responsive. Especially when I’m a potential customer.

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on July 14, 2002 at 20:12:49:

It was the only book, tape, course, etc. I’ve ever returned!

LeonNC

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by paul smith

Posted by paul smith on July 14, 2002 at 15:31:54:

The tapes are not any better. saw them speak @ reia in Charlotte and their husbands respond like puppy dogs every time they snap their fingers.

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by JJ-Dallas

Posted by JJ-Dallas on July 15, 2002 at 23:56:34:

I have to agree they don’t instruct or explain very well. All the CD’s I listen to was just them pretending to have a conversation with whom ever and no substance at all. I listen to them for free and wouldn’t recommend anyone spend there hard earned money on them. For the record I have spent over a thousand dollars on courses but I would of been ticked if I would have bought their courses.

Re: Dwan Bent/Higginbotham-Course Review Update? - Posted by Paul Smith

Posted by Paul Smith on July 16, 2002 at 14:51:54:

You should be greatful they did not answer your email.