ED! We're moving in!!! - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on December 21, 2000 at 19:27:40:

JohnBoy,
Thank you for your help also. Without your support, I might have chucked it all by now. I’ll keep you posted.
If it doesn’t pan out, I’ll send you a postcard from Venice Beach. I’ll be the one with the girl in the purple thong! YIKES!!! Don’t tell my wife!

Have a happy holiday and a VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

• Rich

ED! We’re moving in!!! - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on December 21, 2000 at 18:16:44:

Ed,
After speaking with you today, I talked my wife into leaving the snow and freezing temperatures and we’re going to bring our 18 month old son and move in with you out there in Cucamonga…I always liked saying that name anyway. I think it was a favorite of W.C. Field’s too.

Seriously, I want to publicly thank you for your time, expertise, and advice. After hanging up with you, I got on the phone with the corporate headquarters of my bank (in NY) and they are going to have their main man in MD get in touch with me after the first of the year to put together a deal to refinance the building. I told them all of the reasons they needed to do this deal. . .and I guess it made sense. And I owe it all to the great and powerful OZ, er I mean ED! All I lacked was the courage of my convictions. I’ll make sure I get my tenants lined up too, for good measure. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you and yours. - Rich
p.s. - If the deal falls through, I’ll take the room with the view of the Pacific.

Re: ED! We’re moving in!!! - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on December 22, 2000 at 01:42:34:

Rich,

Thank you for this post. It’s a nice Christmas present. Sometimes I get carried away when I get into a deal and I want to make sure that you know, it was meant to be constructive criticism, and not personal.

Interesting enough, I could tell at the beginning of our conversation, that you were taken back, and then I felt your change in demeanor and in the midst of our conversation a change in your attitude. I knew I was getting through to you.

I’m sure you realize, that even though you thought you were going about working the bank in the correct fashion, when I finished with you. I wanted to make sure that you understood where you were going through the motions, but falling short of accomplishing what you needed to do.

I was sure you got my message, but now after reading your post, you’ve verified it.

Rich, I won’t kid you, I could tell I was inspiring you today, and as you were hanging up the phone, I knew, that you knew, what you have to do.

If you and the wife decide to come to California, you’ll need a new wardrobe. As you know, my normal attire is golf shirts and shorts. The last few days the temperature has reached 80 degrees, and it’s been like a picture post card.
Oh, and by the way, it was Jack Benny who was always talking about Cucamonga.

Rich, once again, I’d like to thank you, and wish you and your family a Merry Christmas,

Ed Garcia

ALRIGHT RICH!!! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on December 21, 2000 at 18:54:02:

Way to go Rich!!!

Glad to here you finally found a way to get through to them!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.