Email address and spam - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Greg Meade on September 11, 2003 at 06:17:26:

used this system on an e-mail I sent you a month or two ago…it showed me a list of numbers and letters in an unusual font and had me enter these characters back and then posted…very cool! An e-mail generator (software) could not replicate this as it took a human to enter. Thanks for info!

Email address and spam - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Rod - Mo on September 10, 2003 at 19:20:51:

A strange thing happened a couple weeks ago. I used to get a ton of spam every day, and one day it almost toally stopped. After some checking I learned that the email host had installed a spam filter that works by source rather than by content. Any source that has been blacklisted as a spam source by some third party spam monitor gets cut, no ifs, ands, or buts. So about half of the email systems is the world can not send me email any more.

If you have tried to contact me through my email address and your message was kicked back as undeliverable, that is probably why.

Rod

Re: Email address and spam - Posted by Dave-WA

Posted by Dave-WA on September 10, 2003 at 20:58:28:

I don’t know if this is allowed but I don’t profit in any way from recommending this company.

http://about.mailblocks.com/features.html

I use this service and it is great. It uses a Challenge/Response system to block spam. If you want to test it out send me an email and see it in action.

They have a special running now. The cost is $10 for 3 years.