ENOUGH OF THIS.....I GIVE UP!!!!! (long) - Posted by George (OH)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on March 16, 2000 at 17:05:13:

ENOUGH OF THIS…I GIVE UP!!! (long) - Posted by George (OH)

Posted by George (OH) on March 16, 2000 at 17:00:20:

Oh, I’m sorry. You didn’t think I meant I was giving up on RE, did you? (smile). I meant I give up trying to figure out how to work this business on my own; penny pinching on my RE education instead of looking at it as an investment.

What I have been doing so far is: plugging in to this site almost daily; reading and re-reading the articles, posts, emails, etc; checking out RE books from the library; and relying on the 3 year old limited knowledge I acquired from an RE class I took back in Detroit.

There was a post below about a guy who wanted to make the transition to full-time investor, and while I was reading it, I had an “Aha” experience (that’s from an awesome book called “The Einstein Factor”, but that’s another story). I realized that all I have been doing is half stepping. Why should I struggle with figuring out the basics when there are numerous people out there who have done it, prevailed, and are generous enough to share their experience with others? At this pace, I would never be able to break free from a J.O.B. And I’ll tell ya something…I make a lot less than six figures (try mid 20’s). I too want to break free from the “rat race” and ditch my job. The good thing for me is, with a salary as low as mine, I won’t have to do too much in RE to equal it (laugh). I realize, however, as should a lot of other newbies, that we need the specialized knowledge before we can take that plunge.

I believe in self-education, but for me personally, it was starting to become an excuse for lack of action: “Well, I need to learn a few more things, and then I’ll get it going”. With a J.O.B., family, and other obligations, my time would be better spent following the footsteps of successful people, rather than me trying to reinvent the wheel.

So, I have FINALLY decided to shell out the bucks and purchase a course, and I’m sure with my new perspective I’ll be buying a few more. After all, it’s an investment in MY future, so being cheap about it ain’t hurting CREonline, the course authors… it’s only hurting ME!

Thanks for letting me vent. Bless you all for your help and support!

George(OH)

Re: ENOUGH OF THIS…I GIVE UP!!! (long) - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 16, 2000 at 20:40:20:

My only suggestion, is that you purchase courses one at a time. That way you can really concentrate on one author and absorb his ideas fully.

Laure :slight_smile: