Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by Bill

Posted by RichV(FL) on October 17, 2003 at 05:57:02:

Amen to that Keith!

RichV(FL)

Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on October 16, 2003 at 08:13:32:

I had a lady call me today with a house that has been vacant for 2 years. She told me the roof leaked when she moved out and she has not been in the house since. It is about 70 K fixed up and she wants 16K cash. I do not know how much work it needs. I have seen the mold remediators enter a house in their moon suit. I would assume there is mold in the house. Probably a lot. Is it the bad kind? I dont know. Are there any precautions I should use just to go look at the house? Is this mold that bad? What should I do with my cloths after looking? The crazy thing is 5 years ago I would have just went right in with a flashlight and not thought a thing about it.

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on October 17, 2003 at 21:24:11:

I think it might be a good idea to carry a face mask in your car when you go look at junker houses. I’ve seen some absolutely raunchy stuff in vacant houses- paint buckets full of bloody turds, nudie mags all around, thoroughly stained mattresses, vomit, used needles. I’ve been in houses with sheetrock that is all black from mold and mildew. One whiff of that and you’ll puke or wish you could. Some houses are so funky you can’t even open your eyes cuz it stings. I’m convinced one of these days I’ll stumble across a dead person.

Anyway, wear a mask if you have any doubts. Not necessarily because any of these things may be toxic, but because they are just plain unpleasant. I wouldn’t worry about your clothes getting contaminated by mold.

Happy house hunting!

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by BrokerScott (Mich)

Posted by BrokerScott (Mich) on October 16, 2003 at 17:22:19:

American College of Occupational and Enviromental Medicine has issued a statement titled “Adverse Human Health Effects Associated with Molds in the Indoor Enviroment”. Short conclusion: No scientific basis & NO BIG DEAL. But expect the liberals to try to ban it in bars and resturants anyway. :slight_smile: Best, Scott

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on October 16, 2003 at 10:14:16:

I’d open the front door and walk in , just like you’d do with any house. I’m sure unknowingly you have encountered things alot worse than mold. Forget your space suit unless you plan on going to the moon.

The guys that you saw going into the house in their moon suits have to justify there huge fees and do a good job of scaring the heck out of people. It’s gotta be one of the biggest scams going. Mold has been around since the beginning of time, but all of a sudden it’s this stuff that’s going to kill off mankind. Use a combination of water and bleach and some elbow grease and the mold magically disappears.

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by Dan-fl

Posted by Dan-fl on October 16, 2003 at 08:37:22:

I just bought a house with the same problem.I not only walked in without any special clothes,I also removed all the mold myself,put in new studs and drywall and had the roof fixed.The only problem is that I’m now growing a third eye and have 6 toes on one foot-All joking aside,mold is just mold,not the big scary thing mold companys are saying, so they can get rich of your fears.Mold has been around for ever.Just find out where the mold is coming from and fix the problem,remove all the mold from the area,(drywall,studs) put some bleach on th area and replace with new studs and drywll and paint.

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on October 17, 2003 at 23:02:08:

Free nudie mags. Thats a plus.

Caveman didn’t live through mold! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on October 16, 2003 at 18:17:34:

I personally have never seen a Caveman and since I have not I assume that there was some bad mold in the caves they came from. If there had not been mold they may still be there. Moral of the story is STAY OUT OF CAVES, very dangerous.

Re: Entering a MOLD house!! - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on October 18, 2003 at 08:15:46:

Yeah, but it’s hard to read the articles when the pages are stuck together.

EPA is a Scam! - Posted by keith hutson

Posted by keith hutson on October 16, 2003 at 23:15:06:

the EPA is a scam, just another way to screw people out of money without calling it a “tax”

Keith

They have articles? - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 18, 2003 at 18:49:22: