entity of doing your business - Posted by Mark Vidales

Posted by John Behle on December 09, 1998 at 16:54:49:

We use corps, LLC’s, trusts and other entitities. Liability and asset protection are very important to me.

entity of doing your business - Posted by Mark Vidales

Posted by Mark Vidales on December 09, 1998 at 14:26:37:

John,

I’ve really appreciated your answers and techniques when it comes to paper questions. Although I was just wondering, do you do your paper dealings as an individual or do you have a Corp. LLC. etc… I ask this only in that we hear alot about protecting yourself against lawsuits and such.

There used to be a gentleman by the name of Merle Wooley who used to be a frequent commentator on the News Group. He never had done business as a Corp. or other legal entity because he felt that his name and reputation were too important to hide behind some legal entity. What are your thoughts on this?

Mark

Old Fashion - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 10, 1998 at 10:07:13:

From my observations Merle was in a small town enviroment. He is a man of principle and would probably do a deal on a hand shake. His name and reputation is what allowed him to work his private banker system. Out in the big world there are too many willing to fleece you. The entities for liabilty and asset protection are just another way of doing business. More so for some, less for others.

Re: entity of doing your business - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 09, 1998 at 21:02:29:

Sam Walton hid himself behind Walmart INC. Did it hurt his reputation? Who cares if you own a corporation or individually?