Escrow Services for Contract for Deed - Posted by Kalon Goodrich

Posted by Sharon on September 13, 2003 at 09:27:36:

Hi Kalon,

Pull out your white page and yellow page books and try calling around to title companies to see if one of them can refer you to a good escrow company that can handle this for you. Also check with your local real estate club for escrow service referrals.

Another idea is to do a search on the Internet for keywords “California escrow services” and see if you can find one.

Good luck!

Sharon Jones
Real Estate Investor
St. Louis, Missouri

Escrow Services for Contract for Deed - Posted by Kalon Goodrich

Posted by Kalon Goodrich on September 08, 2003 at 18:24:33:

I plan to sell a property with no bank qual owner financing, using a contract for deed (aka land contract, contract for sale). In order to protect both myself and the buyer, I’d like to have an escrow service handle buyer payment collections and my underlying expense payments. Escrow would hold the contract, title, a quit claim from me releasing my interest upon successful buyer performance against the contract, and a quit claim releasing buyer interest should buyer default (to return property to me without foreclosure process). I’m having difficulty finding an escrow service in California which does this. Any experience, recommendations, or contacts to escrow services that are able to handle this sort of transaction? Thanks!