Establishing corporate or business credit? - Posted by ray smith

Posted by sbc on July 30, 2003 at 20:50:54:

Congrats on getting the Cap One card. Did you apply online or through the telephone?

Thanks

Establishing corporate or business credit? - Posted by ray smith

Posted by ray smith on July 28, 2003 at 13:19:24:

Does anyone understand how to establish corporate credit or business credit without using your personal info? My personal credit is not that good and I would like to(if I can) establish corporate credit and start getting credit cards and lines of credit at places like Home Depot, so that when I begin investing in rehad properties I can use my corporate credit to pay for the costs to fix the houses up.
I would really appreciate any honest info that you can give to this subject.

Re: Establishing corporate or business credit? - Posted by Jess

Posted by Jess on July 28, 2003 at 20:13:31:

Ray, I’ll start by saying that I don’t really know a lot about establishing corporate credit, but I am in the same boat as you and I decided I’d share my (albeit, limited) experience.
From the research I’ve done, most corporate credit is built off of a personal credit and then takes a life of its own. Even though I did not have bad credit, I did not want my credit report hit a thousand times with all the credit card apps I was putting in, so I searched for apps that only required the corp’s tax ID. I did find one and got a $1,000 limit on it – Capital One. Try them. Also, please let me in on any secrets you find. :wink: