ET, JHyre, et al: What about Pers Prop Trusts? - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Tony-VA on March 02, 2002 at 18:21:59:

Ernest Tew’s Asset Protection course provides for the use of Land Trust’s as well as Family Trusts in the protection of Assets as well as tax and estate planning.

The course provides a disc with all the forms, to include the Trusts you may be interested in.

The course only sells for about $49 at his site www.ernesttew.com

Setting up the trust is unlike forming a corporation because it is a private document. It is not recorded. You will record only the name and Trustee when the Trust takes title to property.

Once you have one form you like, you can do it time and time again.

Take a look at that course if you can.

Tony-VA

ET, JHyre, et al: What about Pers Prop Trusts? - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on March 02, 2002 at 09:07:34:

How best would Personal Property Trusts fit in with the incorporation / dealer model? I am thinking in terms of asset protection - Corp hired by trust to buy and sell, trust holds the note - corp is bene, different trust for each MH.

I need to do a little more research on trusts, i.e., setup and maintenance, like I did on S, C, LLC, etc, but after perusing articles and archives, I am curious about how this could fit into the grand scheme.

What does it take ($$) to set up a PPT? Less than incorporation costs, I’ll bet, and that may make it feasible to do one for each MH.