Evaluating a Realtor? - Posted by Jon Owens

Posted by Rob on July 18, 2002 at 10:21:46:

I personally have not done this, but I have heard of several people being very happy with their results after having gone to the real estate offices and speaking with their “top sellers”.

You may want to give it a try. Good luck!

Evaluating a Realtor? - Posted by Jon Owens

Posted by Jon Owens on July 18, 2002 at 03:55:45:

Have rehabbed properties which will soon be ready to sell. Anyone have thoughts on how to select a realtor to handle the sales? Questions to ask, ways to qualify them, etc.

Thanks, Jon

Re: Evaluating a Realtor? - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on July 19, 2002 at 03:10:11:

If your home is a nice one in a nice area and priced right, the home will sell itself. Most Realtors do the same marketing stuff but FLUFF it up to make themselves look better than the others. Truth is, once it hits the MLS, thats where all your buyers will come from. Just make sure you pin down the commission, and only sign a 60 to 90 day listing. If your house is priced right and in a good area it will sell in that amount of time. If not then the Realtor hasn’t put a very good “write up” about your home in the MLS.

It amazes me how lazy some Realtors are. No room sizes, no specifics, sometimes no notes or remarks. I know all this because I am a Realtor and I get disgusted with some of the listing I pull up. Home for sale, but alot of info left blank. Always ask to see a copy of the MLS print out once they list the house.
Kristy