Ever Had One of "Those" Days... - Posted by soapymac

Posted by DougO(NM) on May 05, 2000 at 24:10:22:

Let’s see, pumps in the lift station went out, got them fixed, main line is clogged, have to get back-hoe dig up, then as usual break previously unbroken parts. While this is going on have pumper trucks to empty the lift station so it doesn’t over flow. Charge several arms and part of a leg. Fix what we think is problem and find line still clogged. Now need to rent a sewer snake, but also need a generator cause where this line is ain’t no electricity. Fine, it’s now 5 and need to take a shower and drive to a meeting an hour away. After shower and aloe for major sunburn, get in truck, traffic is backed up down the street, can’t
get out, and notice gas gauge is way past E. Fourwheel drive across a field to get out. Arrive at gas station on fumes, get gas, Drive to meeting, get there 6:45. Leave to come home, AC compressor falls apart, sounds like the whole vehicle is griding and blowing up. Call AAA for the tow home, at least we got the RV plus with 100 mile towing.
At least there’s tommorrow ! Chin-up!
DougO

Ever Had One of “Those” Days… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on May 04, 2000 at 14:42:48:

when the motor wouldn’t “motorvate,” the carburetor wouldn’t carburate, the paper money would tear, and the toilet paper won’t?

It’s the kinda day I’m having. So maybe, if I share with you all a poem that gets me through days like this…

WALK A LITTLE PLAINER DADDY
(Author Unknown)

Walk a little plainer daddy
Said a little boy so frail –
I’m following in your footsteps
And I don’t want to fail.
Sometimes your steps are very plain
Sometimes they are so hard to see-
So walk a little plainer daddy
For you are leading me.
I know that once you walked this way
Many years ago –
And what you did along the way
I’d really like to know.
For sometimes when I am tempted
I don’t know what to do –
For I must follow you.

Someday when I’m grown up
You are like I want to be –
Then I will have a little boy
Who will want to follow me.
And I would want to lead him right
And help him to be true –
For we must follow you.

A reason to go on.

Cordially, (and thanks for letting me vent)
Roy MacLean
“soapymac”

Re: Ever Had One of “Those” Days… - Posted by Chris in AL

Posted by Chris in AL on May 08, 2000 at 24:01:36:

My dad died of Cancer a 6 1/2 years ago when I was 18. Usually, it doesn’t bother me to think of him, but you really struck a nerve with that beautiful poem.

Thanks

Chris