Evicting with Lost Lease Agreement - Posted by GCurtis(VA)

Posted by Jimmy on March 31, 2006 at 08:25:03:

just file! no lease required.

Evicting with Lost Lease Agreement - Posted by GCurtis(VA)

Posted by GCurtis(VA) on March 30, 2006 at 14:52:52:

I have had a tenant since Dec. 2005 who has constantly paid rent late since moving in and has only paid the rent on time one month. Now, he is $200 in the rears and I doubt if he can pay that amount along with the next month?s rent of $750.

I am about to start the eviction process but realized after tearing up my office, I CAN?T FIND THE FREAKIN? LEASE AGREEMENT! I know for a fact he does not have a copy. Any advice will help because I am sure the judge will want to see the original lease agreement.

I?m thinking since the lease agreement is lost I would have to do a 30 day written notice to vacate.

Please no bashing on how I could lose a lease agreement because that won?t bring it back.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Evicting with Lost Lease Agreement - Posted by Innovator

Posted by Innovator on April 01, 2006 at 20:49:50:

Just tape a three day pay or vacate on the door. You won’t need your lease agreement if the rent is in default.

Re: Evicting with Lost Lease Agreement - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on March 31, 2006 at 09:05:28:

Just check your local laws to find out how many days notice you need to give for non payment of rent. It should only be 3 or 5 days. No need to wait 30 days.

Of course, today is the 31st, so I would wait until Monday to see if I can get more money out of them over the weekend. Either way, file the notice if they are not 100 percent paid up by Monday.

–Natalie