eviction process after foreclosure purchase? - Posted by john

Posted by jim belletete on January 31, 2002 at 15:11:58:

get an attorney quick!!!

eviction process after foreclosure purchase? - Posted by john

Posted by john on January 30, 2002 at 23:56:39:

3 weeks ago i bought a foreclosed condo in chicago and am waiting for the deed(about another week) from the bank’s attorney. in the meantime i have heard that a neighbor of the other party asked him “when are you moving as i heard your property was bought at the foreclosure sale” and he replied “i don’t plan on moving”.

how or what do i do when i receive the deed? do i approach him and simply tell him i own the property and ask him to move or do i need to give him a written notice or? what if he refuses to move out? i am new to all of this and i could not find anything that pertained in the messages or archives here or the internet in general.

i appreciate any information or experiences anyone has had with this situation.

thank you,

john

Re: eviction process after foreclosure purchase? - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on February 01, 2002 at 21:31:41:

John:

You should talk to the Sheriff or Deputy that handles the sales, and ask them of the local process. They will be well familiar the 1, 2, 3 of the matter. I wish that I was familiar enough with IL law to advise here, but I am just not.

In the state of Ohio, where I buy most of my foreclosures, it is a matter of submitting $ 60 bucks to the Clerk of Courts, along with a certified copy of the Confirmation of Sale. The sheriff then pays a visit, and in due time, they will be out; or else! I’m sure there is a similar mechinism built into the law, for handling these matters, and usually an Atty is not necessary. Good luck on it.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN