Eviction Time - Posted by Jeremy FL

Posted by Kathy (MI) on February 21, 2002 at 13:23:51:

Just curious Marcos, what does this eviction service do aside from serving (or mailing) the notice? Do they file the papers in court and go to court for you?

Eviction Time - Posted by Jeremy FL

Posted by Jeremy FL on February 21, 2002 at 10:22:08:

My first eviction is starting tommorrow. I posted the 3 day notice myself but I am seeking legal counsel for the actually eviction. It looks like a piece of cake, but it is my first one. How much do you pay your attorneys for an eviction. Also if you can recommend anyone in the Orlando area I would appreciate it. Thanks

Re: Eviction Time - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 21, 2002 at 18:09:20:

It’s actually not too difficult to do it yourself. I did my first full eviction last fall. The biggest hassle is the time wasted. I probably blew about 4 hours all totaled, but other than that it wasn’t too hard. Of course it went uncontested.

Email me and I will send you some attorneys’ names.

Re: Eviction Time - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on February 21, 2002 at 17:39:14:

I pay 111 plus the process server (25-30). I consider it a bargain.

Mark

Re: Eviction Time - Posted by chris-fl

Posted by chris-fl on February 21, 2002 at 16:26:18:

check out www.re-investors.com once there look at member links. This is the site for the Orlando investors club.

Chris

Re: Eviction Time - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on February 21, 2002 at 12:52:49:

You’d be surprised, most 3 day notices cause them to pay. They somehow miracurously come up with the money, when they see you are serious.

I found an eviction service in Jacksonville, that charges $45. You give them a copy of your lease, and your three-day. They call you and tell you when to meet the sherriff to move them out. I found out about them, at an investors meeting. But, I hear going rates are usually around $100-200. Ask some investors in your area.

Marcos

Re: Eviction Time - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on February 21, 2002 at 14:16:08:

Do these people work in Jacksonville florida only or other parts of Florida?