evictions in CA - Posted by lehua

Posted by rh on July 11, 2003 at 18:05:30:

Go to your local library, specifically to the reference section of your library, and ask them to see the HOW TO EVICT reference books. They contain step by step processes and forms.

I had to evict tenants from our church property this past spring and it took me four months. You need to be persistent, unsympathetic, and timely with every step of the process.

Good luck.

rh

evictions in CA - Posted by lehua

Posted by lehua on July 11, 2003 at 14:24:25:

First of all, thanks for all the feedback to my questions everyone has given me. I really appreciate it!

Anyway, has anyone ever gone through an eviction process here in CA and how long does it take to get the tenants out. I just want to be prepared if that situation arises since I do have rentals. Can anyone give their experiences or share their advice? Thanks!

Re: evictions in CA - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 12, 2003 at 24:27:11:

Lehua–(CA)---------------

You really should buy Leigh (pronounced “Lee”) Robinson’s books “Landlording” and “The Eviction Book for California.” Highly recommended.

I’ve done very few evictions on my properties–the curse of being selective in choosing renters.

However, I did several when working for my former employer, who bought properties on foreclosures. The procedures differ a little, but not too much.

You should probably be able to get deadbeat renters out in about three to four weeks, if you stay on top of things and do the steps you can as soon as you can.

Good Investing*Ron Starr