expired MLS listings? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Tom Brown on November 17, 1998 at 13:26:56:

For a non agent, that could be tough. The expired listings are kept in the MLS system for a period of time, but getting a Realtor to give you a list would be tough, since many of them use the list to prospect for listings.( Don’t give me any ethical arguments, I know it is done.) I have managed to get a list from time to time, so give it a try, you never know until you ask.

If you could get a copy of one of the outdated printed versions of the MLS for your area, you might could use it to find some prospects. You could also keep an eye on properties in your area that have been listed with a Realtor. Watch for the yard sign to disappear.

Expired listings happen to be one of those things that are very hard to find for a non-agent without a lot of hunting.

expired MLS listings? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Ray Richardson on November 17, 1998 at 11:19:29:

I have heard it mentioned that expired MLS homes are one place to go prospecting for L/O deals. Is this info available to the non-agent? Any ideas as to where?

-Ray

The problem with expired listings . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on November 17, 1998 at 19:25:20:

. . . is that everyone “works” them. I once listed a house I didn’t own but had the rights to (if you know what I mean) and when the listing expired the out of state owner got a half dozen letters from local agents asking if he wanted to relist.

Relist? He didn’t know what they were talking about and wondered what the “heck” (he used a different word) is was trying to pull.

Still, I hear people say it’s a good thing, and I’ve used it in the past with some success but nothing to get excited about.

I like working with an agent, using the MLS, and targeting “vacant” listings. Works mo’ better.

Joe