Explanation of Svcs on Biz Card? PLS HELP! - Posted by Ellie (NYC)

Posted by Ellie on July 17, 2002 at 15:15:11:

That is a great idea too! Do you mind if I steal it? :wink:

But my main concern is still: What do I say for my “short description of what we do”? For buying and for selling. I read just now that on the buying side I should use the word “houses” and on the selling side use “homes.” But I really don’t know what to say for either…

And thank you!

Explanation of Svcs on Biz Card? PLS HELP! - Posted by Ellie (NYC)

Posted by Ellie (NYC) on July 17, 2002 at 12:25:22:

Hello all.

I was designing my business cards today, and I’m stuck. I’ve got the layout and my details all worked out. The problem is that I want to put a description of the services “my company” offers on the back, and I’m stuck on what exactly to say and how to phrase it all.

I’m planning on starting out flipping, and possibly even doing some small rehabs myself (since I have the resources readily available) once I’ve built up some capital. At first I plan on reselling quickly, but eventually I will l/o to t/b’s and possibly even hold some rentals.

So far, I figure I’ll have 2 columns or just 2 distinct blocks of text on the back – one with the caption “WE BUY HOMES” and the other with “WE SELL HOMES.” Then little phrases like “Fast Closing,” “No Qualifying,” “Bad Credit Welcome,” etc. under each caption.

So:

1. Am I completely off track here?
  2. What else do I say?

All comments/suggestions/criticisms welcome. Thanks in advance!!! :slight_smile:

-Ellie

Re: Explanation of Svcs on Biz Card? PLS HELP! - Posted by Michael Yuchasz

Posted by Michael Yuchasz on July 18, 2002 at 06:39:26:

Hi Ellie,
I’m new at this too. But I’m already getting responses to my cards and they are very plain but I believe to the point.

NEED TO SELL
YOUR HOUSE NOW?
I BUY HOUSES
ANY CONDITION.
LETS TALK
XXX XXX XXXX

I PUT THE ? TO THE POTENTIAL SELLER TO FORCE THEM TO THINK TWICE B4 PASSING UP MY CARDS. I PUT THE SAME KIND OF MESSAGE ON MY POST CARDS AND SMALL FLYERS.

GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS.
MIKE

Re: Explanation of Svcs on Biz Card? PLS HELP! - Posted by KC Questions

Posted by KC Questions on July 17, 2002 at 15:06:20:

I use a 2-sided 2-color business card with my company logo, email address, phone number, and short description of what we do. One side is for sellers and the other side is for buyers. I have my voicemail number on the “Seller” side (the same number that is on my bandit signs) and my cell phone number on the “Buyer” side.

This has worked for me.

Should I Say “PRETTY PLEASE”??? :slight_smile: - Posted by Ellie again…

Posted by Ellie again… on July 17, 2002 at 13:43:09:

?

THANKS!!! (nt) - Posted by Ellie (NYC)

Posted by Ellie (NYC) on July 18, 2002 at 10:38:52: