Facilitate the exchange between owner and investor - Posted by Newbie in Austin Tx

Posted by GL - ON on July 01, 2003 at 10:16:37:

LOL

Facilitate the exchange between owner and investor - Posted by Newbie in Austin Tx

Posted by Newbie in Austin Tx on June 30, 2003 at 13:58:49:

I don’t have the money or the experience to start real estate flipping so I was thinking one way to start learning and earning money would be to “broker” the deal. I could work on the finding the house part of the deal then turn it over for the investor to come in and purchase.

What kind of “commission” could I expect to find motivated sellers for real estate investors?

You’re not an agent - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 30, 2003 at 20:12:34:

Newbie in Austin,

Pleased to meet you.

You mention “brokering” a deal. Are you an agent? If not, then taking this approach will get you into serious legal trouble. If you, however, want to loacte houses and then tell an investor about them and collect a fee for doing so, this is called “bird dogging” and is a good way to start in the business. As for what type of fees to expect for this, that depends on the investor and how much he/she is willing to pay you for your information.

Best of luck in your endevour.

Sincerely,
Michael A. Bardelli

you gotta be a plant!!! - Posted by Tray Giddens, Houston

Posted by Tray Giddens, Houston on June 30, 2003 at 14:37:47:

come on. you need to check this site out to stay out of trouble. http://www.trec.state.tx.us

however, if you wanted to find deals , then tie them up with an assigneable contract and sell your interest, that’s always an option…