Family Partnership Gone Bad - Posted by Mark D. Lyon

Posted by DJ-nyc on February 06, 2007 at 22:10:19:

Mark,

You did not say exactly what the “verbal” agreement actually was. Was it that you were partial owner? The key mistake is “verbal”. I say vanilla, you may say it was chocolate. Another problem is the family element. My Dad just last year allows me to drive his car. (He is 85 years old so do the math) Parents are “funny style” with cars and property as far as I am concerned. The blues singer Billie Holiday sang a familiar song called “God bless the child that has got his own”.

You have receipts so your investment is covered by that if you have to go to court to get your money back. If you are not on the deed, hopefully an attorney can prove to the judge that there was a verbal agreement of ______?

Good luck,
DJ-nyc

Family Partnership Gone Bad - Posted by Mark D. Lyon

Posted by Mark D. Lyon on February 06, 2007 at 12:54:57:

I read in your already answerd questions concerning a verbal partnership gone bad and your answer has me on the other side. My parents bought a raw piece of land and I developed it. Building, fence, approach, utilities and have receipts and check receipts. I was asked to vacate the property and would be reimbursed. This has failed to happen and would like to see what rights that I have on my investment.

Re: Family Partnership Gone Bad - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on February 07, 2007 at 11:44:24:

I’m not a lawyer, so call one and ask about putting a mechanic’s lien on the property.

good luck,

Anne