FARM LETTERS - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on July 10, 2002 at 07:18:21:

wayne:
that seems like an awfully high number of returns. any idea why so many?
i typically get 4 or 5 out of every 50 i send out. one possible alternative is to print “'forwarding service requested” so the post office will notify you where the person now receives mail.
BMP

FARM LETTERS - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by waynepdx on July 10, 2002 at 01:17:15:

I recently sent out about 250 farm letters. About 100 of them have come back so far as undeliverable, with more coming back every day.

I did get one call on them by a property owner that owns 70 condos and is interested in bulk selling them to me.

This is a great opportunity because he agreed to sell them to me with a weasel clause of me finding a suitable t/b.

He is from the old school of investing and was thrilled to hear about wholesaling and other creative ways to do things.

He was happy (as far as I could tell) because he lives in another state and has no way to be here to move the condos.

I am interested in sending out postcards as they will be much cheaper, I estimate I wasted about 100 bucks in printing and postage for all of the letters that were returned.

So is anyone interested in sharing what you put on your postcards.

The cool thing is that I get farm requests from a local title company and they send the names of the property owners on labels for me. So all I have to do is put the label on and its good to go.

Gotta love them title companies.

Re: FARM LETTERS - Posted by t_mac (md)

Posted by t_mac (md) on July 10, 2002 at 22:25:51:

What are you going to do about the condo opportunity?

Re: FARM LETTERS - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on July 10, 2002 at 12:11:14:

I would recommend that you find another source for the names and addresses. Almost half of your mailing came back undeliverable. That is a very high percentage. In my last mailing of 120 postcards, only 10 came back undeliverable. These were because the houses were vacant. As far as I am concerned, that is a great little piece of information. I can track down the owners of the vacant homes.

As for what to put on postcards, I put about the same stuff I put on letters. Just abbreviated somewhat and naturally in a smaller font.