Favorite creative finance books? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by tarun on December 14, 1998 at 07:37:35:

Almost all examples of financing techniques in wade cook’s “Buying real estate without cash” are based on the assumption that all the mortages are assumable and non qualifying.

I agree, that it is still possible to find these kind of deals, but there are not that many assumable/nonqualifying deals any more unlike the 70’s and 80’s, when wade cook started his investing career. Most Mortgage notes have a “due on sale” clause on them.

Favorite creative finance books? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Ray Richardson on December 10, 1998 at 21:04:31:

I’ve read a lot of messages on this board, virtually all the how-to articles and a few books and I still find some of these creative finance suggestions whizzing by me a bit (for instance, Bud Branstetter’s recent suggestion for a “note deal”. I’ve read it several times and still don’t quite get it) What are people’s fave creative real estate finance books out there? I definitely need to do some more reading.

-Ray

Re: Favorite creative finance books? - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on December 11, 1998 at 10:42:40:

Ray,

If your looking for note deals look up the books for sale in the cash flow forum.

If you are looking for books on Creative Real Estate deals you can buy them here, Barnes and Noble, or amazon.com.

Good Luck!

Dan

Re: Favorite creative finance books? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on December 11, 1998 at 08:14:49:

Wade Cooks “101 ways to buy houses without cash” gives alot of “creative” examples of getting cash for downpayments and how to convince the seller into owner financing.

Re: Favorite creative finance books? - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on December 10, 1998 at 21:44:53:

Ray,

Spend some time in the cashflow forum.

Brad