FAX L/O offers to RE Agents ? - Posted by NJInvestor

Posted by NJInvestor on September 23, 2003 at 19:35:34:

DG how did you pay the RE Agent their commission ?

FAX L/O offers to RE Agents ? - Posted by NJInvestor

Posted by NJInvestor on September 22, 2003 at 19:40:05:

I’m looking to build up my market/farm areas for properties and wanted opinions on sending RE Agents L/O offfers via fax/e-mail to “feel out” who may take me seriously, as I want to structure deals with the least out-of-pocket expenses.

Re: FAX L/O offers to RE Agents ? - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on September 22, 2003 at 20:49:53:

I haven’t closed any deals this way yet, but it’s been fun and easy. I’m using letters of intent instead of full offers.

HUGE TIP: Call the agents before sending your offer.
I tried blindly faxing about 40. I got only 4 callbacks and they all refused to present it unless it was written up as a full offer.

I’ve only made 3 offers since switching to calling the agent first, but that 5 minutes of extra time, has resulted in 3 presentations. It seems agents don’t care about offers or letters of intent, as long as I call them first :slight_smile:

Those 3 offers currently stand like this:

• 1 agent has a low opinion of me.

The other two were countered. One as a conventional purchase (not at that price!), and the other at a split between their list price and my offer price.

Re: FAX L/O offers to RE Agents ? - Posted by David Garcia

Posted by David Garcia on September 22, 2003 at 19:53:54:

I have done that myself & I have closed 2 deals that way. However, dont be surprised if they dont understand your creative offers.

DG advanced Real Estate Investing
dgpioneer@juno.com