FEAR....What is it?? - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on January 19, 1999 at 11:23:16:

Right On Mark…Ditto to good post.

FEAR…What is it?? - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on January 19, 1999 at 10:16:28:

I have been watching and watching CS and other real estate gurus since 1984. I had gone to real estate seminars since around that time also. I bought books some good and a lot of them just a rip off. I always said I’ll get started soon as I get some money. Well how was I going to get some money when I wasn’t doing anything to get money. I always talked myself out of something because of what I thought was the lack of something. I even went to a Robert Allen seminar and when he asked for $7,000 to go to L.A. for one week’s worth of teaching I thought that was just too much and that he was just trying to get money from me and everyone else. I started saying this is how these guys are making money by selling these books to us. What is boiled down to was this thing called FEAR. FEAR will destroy you because you will never accomplish a thing. FEAR will stop your willingness to accomplish or do anything. I know because that, FEAR is what caused me to do nothing for 15 years. FEAR didn’t stop me from continuing to watch the gurus on TV and attending seminars, it just kept me from atempting anything. Bottom line is I went to a seminar by Zig Ziglar a great motivational speaker and learned that FEAR is just an acrynym for False Evidence Appearing Real!! It will stagnate your or paralyze you if you let it. DON’T let it. I finally took what I had learned about FEAR years ago and with the help of the gurus on this site and did something. I did my first flip after two weeks getting started. Just push FEAR aside and DO IT. FEAR isn’t real anyway, it just appears to be. See you at the convention.

FEAR THIS! - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 22, 1999 at 16:59:24:

With all the “no fear” shirts, etc. out there, my son’s wrestling team put one together that says “FEAR THIS!”

Maybe we should all wear one of those - at least internally in our attitude.

Re: FEAR…What is it?? - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on January 19, 1999 at 10:37:23:

John,

Good post, I like zig’s stuff.

My understanding is Fear is the opposite of Faith.

When Fear knocked on the door, Faith opened the door and there was nothing there.

I know when I find my self acting in fear, I place my eyes past where fear is trying to get me to focus, and then, from that perspective, I can see the many many paths that lead from where I am standing to where I seek to be. You can clearly see which one you want to take.

Mark R in KCMO

Re: FEAR…What is it?? - Posted by Paul Belli (Stl MO)

Posted by Paul Belli (Stl MO) on January 25, 1999 at 19:09:29:

Mark,

Nice quote. I cut-and-pasted it to make a “poster.” Thanks!