FedEx - UPS - Posted by Thomas

Posted by JimG (OH) on February 23, 2001 at 20:57:26:

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but my personal experiences have gotten worse from UPS. Their drivers around here don’t even bother to check if someone is home, they just set the package down, rain or shine, and leave. I’ve come home many times to find a package sitting by the door, and my wife had no clue anyone had even been there. I confirmed this when I was home for 2 weeks, and every shipment I got was silently dropped off. I even got into the habit of periodically checking outside to look for my items.

When I ship, it’s not at one of those overpriced foo-foo places. It’s right from the local UPS terminal, and the cost of shipping the same exact items went up over 60%. The girl said that they raised their rates. Guess what, FedEx said that they raised theirs also, and I’m still under $11! Go figure!

Hopefully you’ll continue to receive great service and pricing from UPS where you are, but I’m certainly not.

FedEx - UPS - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Thomas on February 23, 2001 at 11:12:36:

Pardon my post… No don’t…

I feel this needs to be said because so many people are fed up with UPS…

UPS Sucks. Don’t use them. Thier customer care is horrible.

I called to have them hold my package because I don’t want it to go out on the truck and they said the hub it is going to will call you within 90 mins.

5 hours later I get a call and it’s on the truck.
I tell the lady I want it to go to my management of my apartments. And made the comment, “This is funny because I never had trouble like this when I use Fed-Ex”.

Her reply struck me, “Well sir why don’t you use Fed-Ex next time, quit shipping through UPS, and more power to you.”

This would have been cause for me to call management but the same thing happened before when I called customer service.

I called and said that I was having trouble getting my package and I wanted my package left at management.
She then tells me a lie saying they can’t do that, to which I replied, “Look, this is ridiculous, I’m the customer here and if you can’t drop it off where I want it, then i’ll take my business elsewhere.”

The customer service rep then told me, "We don’t need your business anyway. " but this one hung up on me when I asked her name.

So I must relay to everyone that UPS has the worst customer service. Not to mention FED-Ex charges the same for faster ground service!

Why do we even use UPS anymore?

DON"T USE UPS.

Thanks
Thomas

A friend of Mine… - Posted by Glenn Crocker AL

Posted by Glenn Crocker AL on February 24, 2001 at 09:55:21:

Just started his own contract service for Fed Ex. They are setting up to do more home deliveries through independent contractors.They trialed it in several cities and just started here in Birmingham.

Re: FedEx - UPS - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 23, 2001 at 22:19:31:

I haven’t used UPS in years. I do have a Fed Ex account and have never had a problem.

Re: FedEx - UPS - Posted by JimG (OH)

Posted by JimG (OH) on February 23, 2001 at 13:35:04:

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!!I sell some hobby items on the online auctions, and was using UPS for all my delivery. I was paying about $10 to ship, then all of a sudden I’m getting charged almost $16 for the same things. I was told that their rates ‘went up’ 62%?!!
Next time I went to FedEX ground service. I have paid between $6-11 (usually under $7). You know who gets my business now!

Fortunately, we’ve had good luck… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 26, 2001 at 10:17:12:

…w/UPS over the years.

The last two sales jobs Kenny had as an indep. rep, we would have DAILY deliveries—and I mean MEGA deliveries. Sometimes half truck loads. TONS of stuff…fill up the entire front porch to the roofline.

The drivers were always nice as could be. Sometimes would even carry the parcels inside for us.

One (lady driver) ALWAYS played with our Rottweiler Mindie. When Mindie spotted her coming, she’d run and get her tennis ball! (until some ‘kind soul’ in my neighborhood poisoned her…)

A little tidbit I remember reading in the Wall Street Journal years ago—UPS washes their trucks every day b/4 they make their runs.

I always wave when I see a truck drive by—and they always wave back! (like the friendly Good Humor Man, I guess)…

Re: FedEx - UPS - Posted by gib

Posted by gib on February 23, 2001 at 18:46:20:

If you are using a UPS service (such as Mail Boxes Etc.)they can set whatever rates they want. I used them for an Ebay auction and they took a whopping 65% mark up over what UPS actually charges. I don’t believe UPS has raised their rates 62% recently. Personally I’ve never had any problems with UPS and I am on very good terms with the drivers.