feeling of the Industry - Posted by Carlos Medina

Posted by RRSmith on December 03, 1999 at 06:46:20:

I would go along with the above post by Mike, a lot. Since I try and find buyers markets (quite hard right now) I would have to say that the REI market follows the job (employment market) as a lagging indicator. So if you have a method that depends on a certain cycle of the market (foreclosures) then try and trace the possibility of a major factory closing.

feeling of the Industry - Posted by Carlos Medina

Posted by Carlos Medina on December 02, 1999 at 18:24:46:

Can anybody tell what is their feeling about the real state business today

Re: feeling of the Industry - Posted by DB_ATL

Posted by DB_ATL on December 02, 1999 at 18:44:10:

Carlos, check out some major real estate business sites
for details on markets and activity for all parts of the country. www.ired.com and www.inman.com are 2 of the best for real estate data. I can tell you that the Atlanta, Georgia area is experiencing the best real estate market ever, and it is expected to continue for several more years.

Who Cares! - Posted by Mike-DFW

Posted by Mike-DFW on December 02, 1999 at 22:12:10:

Carlos,

I have seen this question in some form or another many times in the 3 yrs I have visited this site. My answer is good or bad “It Don’t Matter”.

I am not trying to be flippant about this so I will tell you what I have found to be true the last 12 yrs. I graduated from college in Aug. 87, went to work for a NYSE brokerage firm in Sept. I was in my last 2 weeks of training when the crash of 87 came along. Nice timing, huh. My trainer had been in his town for 30+ yrs, did he panic? NO, we got on the phone and told all his clients that Wal-Mart, McDonalds and Coca Cola were all going to open the next day and continue with there respective ventures. Turns out he had one of his best months ever, and we only had a few people that got scared and jumped out.

After training I went to a small town in TX and opened an office. There were good times and bad times but I learned what I tell anyone who wants to be in this or any other sales related business. ACTIVITY is the key.
When I would have a bad month I could almost always trace it back to a lack of prospecting on my part. The same goes for the time I have spent in the RE business. I am an agent/broker and I buy/sell for myself but it I don’t call/mail/business card/sign or some other kind of prospecting I get no biz.

Every day let as many people as possible know what you
do and there will always be deals to be made.

Mike