Fees/Rates For Accepting Credit Cards - Posted by TommyB

Posted by Nate(DC) on March 01, 2002 at 17:37:05:

I would just use PayPal. Check their current rates on the website at www.paypal.com - I don’t know them off the top of my head, but for a low volume business it is cheaper than paying setup fees, monthly fees, and the like.

NT

Fees/Rates For Accepting Credit Cards - Posted by TommyB

Posted by TommyB on March 01, 2002 at 11:13:55:

Am just starting to research this and I wondered if anyone perhaps knew of a deal better than this. This is, of course, related to tenants.

Access Bankcard in Tennessee:

• One-time “set up” fee just dropped from $695 to $495.
  • Then $20/monthly
  • 2.5% cut from each transaction
  • plus 30 cents from each transaction.

Thanks.

TB

Re: Fees/Rates For Accepting Credit Cards - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on March 03, 2002 at 13:38:43:

Hi Tommy,

You can bypass a number of those fees but the fees are assessed based on a number of factors. Primarily what type of exchanges are you going to be using (ie storefront, telephone, internet, etc), your anticipated monthly volume ($), the average transaction amount ($), equipment leases (or not), and the type of industry you intend to use it with…

I know for a fact (since I use to work in this industry), that the “set up fees” are waiveable, that the transaction fees(both percentage and $ per transaction) are vaiable based on the card types (Visa/ MC, discover, AMEXP), and if you intend to lease equipment - that can also affect the bottom line. But without knowing what you intend to use the merchant account - I cant tell you what to expect in regards to those fees.

Paypal is good for internet exchanges - but charges are based on volume and penalties can apply and you are paying close to 3% - so read the small print

Email me and I can tell you if your getting a good deal or not (no - I longer do this for a business) but I can let you know if you are being fleeced…

cheers

anthony