Fiberglass repair? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by John J on February 25, 2001 at 23:01:28:

I’ve seen the Fiberglass tub repair kits in the plumbing department at stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s. If you can’t find it, you might check item #128696 (white) or 128706 (almond) at, Home Depot’s mail-order property management supply division. Enter that number as the MW part number on the product search page. You might also request their free 1700 page catalog.

Fiberglass repair? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on February 25, 2001 at 22:40:59:

I’ve got a bathtub enclosure that has a small hole and is cracked. Any suggestions how to repair without making it look like a patch job?



Re: Fiberglass repair? - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on February 26, 2001 at 09:42:26:

Hey Leon,
Looks like you are keeping yourself busy!

As far as the tub goes, if it is a fiberglass unit, it can probably be repaired. If you are unsure of doing it yourself there are a few guys around our area that repair tubs full time as a business for builders. Many times before a home is complete some how or another a few of their tubs get damaged. They do a great job, you would never know it is repaired.

The age of your tub may make it a little more noticable, but I think it would be worth it to find one of these guys to see.

I believe most of them are just sub contractors and they may not be in the phone book. If you can’t find one just go to a couple subdivisions where they are building homes and ask the building superintendent who they use.

Good luck!