FICO - Posted by KG Grant

Posted by Hank FL on October 05, 2003 at 18:24:52:

nt

FICO - Posted by KG Grant

Posted by KG Grant on October 04, 2003 at 17:16:28:

I just closed on my house, has about $40,000 equity…have been leasing it for four years!

Also had a judgement that had been satisfied over 6 years ago removed from my credit file.

My question is… can anyone give me an estimate as to how many points my score should rise based on these two factors?

Thanks a lot
KGRant

Re: FICO - Posted by Clare Z

Posted by Clare Z on October 05, 2003 at 17:52:03:

FICO is about as sensible as the stock market. You will probably not see new scores until a month or so after the corrections/new info took place. Follow the advice and check with the different places that give you scores.

Another good place for score weight/explanation is at

I work in credit reporting and we cannot even guess how scores will change when information changes. We can usually guess up or down, but that’s about it. You will know when they change.

Re: FICO - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 04, 2003 at 18:43:43:

That financing board over here is where “it’s at” so to speak. I’ve got to read more of that stuff.

As Bronchick says, “financing is everything” .

Well, that and marketing.

Anyway, this is a cool link I found over there:

Re: FICO - Posted by Adam(NY)

Posted by Adam(NY) on October 04, 2003 at 18:02:51:

No one can answer that question. The reason being is that it all depends on what other stuff is on your credit reports.

The only way to check is to go to MyFICO.com and order your credit reports. It will give you your FICO score. Don’t go by any other score.

Feel free to contact me.

Adam M.

Re: FICO - Posted by Gbaby

Posted by Gbaby on October 04, 2003 at 17:26:07:

Check out www.cardratings.com and go to message boards.

so, Yogi Berra in real estate might say… - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on October 05, 2003 at 01:08:12:

The game is 90% financing and the other half is marketing?