FICO Scores - Posted by Brian

Posted by Bruce Lawson on March 27, 2001 at 05:32:17:

Brian you can get a peak at your score from a couple diffrent sources. Equifax now along with Fair Issac will sell it to you for $12.50 a credit report, without the score is $8.50,you can order them online at www.equifax.com. You may or may not be aware of the “Big Three”(Equifax, Experian, Trans union) they all three have their own version and names for your credir scores. Equifax has the Beacon score, Experian has the Experian/Fair issac risk score and Transunion calles the credit score the empirica score. There will be variances in each score. Most lenders will use Equifax because they report the least.

You can get your report from Qspace.com what they will sell you is a combined Equifax/Fair Issac report and that will cost you $11.90.

One you can get for free is go to the site knowyourscore.com follow the directions and they will slip it into your mailbox in a couple days,what I understand it is usually inaccurate.

To answer your question about inquiry, yes it will show up on your report as someone looking into your file.

Feel free to contact me if you want to talk credit scores or credit repair, I hope that helped.

FICO Scores - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on March 27, 2001 at 03:24:35:

Is there a way that I could find out what my FICO score is, and would that count against it the same as a lender inquiry?