FICO scores?? - Posted by Danielle and Eric

Posted by Houserookie on December 09, 2000 at 16:24:59:

But these are referring to FICO.

It may be advantages to use Beacon and Empirca. Most
lenders use the middle of the three.

FICO scores?? - Posted by Danielle and Eric

Posted by Danielle and Eric on December 08, 2000 at 12:42:49:

My wife and I have gotton our credit reports from Trans Union. We are looking for the FICO scores on both of the reports. The scores are no where to be found. Aren’t the scores supossed to be at the end of the report? Does Trans Union give FICO scores? If not where can we optain these scores?

Thanks in advance…

Danielle and Eric

Re: FICO scores?? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 09, 2000 at 15:06:03:

Check out the latest edition of Consumer Reports for info on credit scoring. I believe California is requiring this info to be released to consumers and hopefully other states will follow. This issue is currently in Congress to give consumers the right to view their scores.

Additional info sites:

The FICO site: http://www.fairisaac.com/
(go to the sitemap for the consumer info links)

Re: FICO scores?? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on December 08, 2000 at 18:03:42:

Contact a Mortgage Broker to see if you can get a copy of credit report,request them to pull a tri-merge. Hope this helps.
Mark

Re: FICO scores?? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 08, 2000 at 16:27:08:

Rick’s right. HAve a lender pull them with all 3 scores. Shouldn’t cost more than $20 even if you don’t want to apply for a loan.

Re: FICO scores?? - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on December 08, 2000 at 13:10:55:

FICO scores generally are NOT included on a personal credit report. You usually have to have someone (such as a mortgage company, as one example) run them for you. I just recently ran into this myself.

There are also several interesting articles to be found on the internet about how scores are “created”, how to possibly improve them, etc.