Finally evicted tenant/buyer but... - Posted by Debra-SC

Posted by Jerry Freeman on April 26, 2002 at 18:52:30:

… may be called for here. Try selling it with the “$500 off if you clean it up” approach. If it seems like it’s too hard to sell, then try cleaning it up. It may make no difference at all, or it may make all the difference in the world.

I’ve found that with a couple of the trailers I’ve done so far, getting them into very nice, move-in condition made a big difference, though I’ve also sold a couple of fixers very easily. I guess it depends on the MH in question, the selling price, and luck.

Best wishes,
Jerry

Finally evicted tenant/buyer but… - Posted by Debra-SC

Posted by Debra-SC on April 26, 2002 at 15:11:19:

Now I have a home that needs a real good cleaning. Problem - I don’t have TIME to clean it. I thought I might offer the home AS-Is (1995 - 16x70 Fleetwood, 3/2, nice park) with give one month’s rent free in lieu of their cleaning and finish putting vinyl skirting. How much reasonable downpayment should I ask for? I usually ask for $1,000 for a 90s model. Any ideas? Would really appreciate as payment is coming up on lot and home ($115 lot, $214 loan payment).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Finally evicted tenant/buyer but… - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on April 26, 2002 at 20:10:00:

Debra,
My experience is similar to Jerry’s. I hate wasting opportunities to sell a place just because it isn’t “shined up”. I pay a girl from the park 75 bucks to come in and do a good cleaning (includes the 'fridge and stove) and it makes all the difference in the world.
Lyal

Re: Finally evicted tenant/buyer but… - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 26, 2002 at 16:07:47:

1.Advertise it with a price and be up front with your buyers as well as give them a choice of paying full price with it spotless or a say $500.00 discount if they clean it themselves. Most will get that little greedy gleam in their eye and say Heck for 500 smackers I can clean 3 of em.

1. Pay someone to clean it for you. I have always believed that you only get 1 chance to make a 1st impression. If you are a good enough salesperson the $50-$150.00 you pay someone could net you $1000.00 in the end.

Good Luck,
Shawn

Debra, I thought you wanted to be an investor… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 26, 2002 at 22:19:58:

…well, Lyle is right. Wouldn’t you invest $75 to make another $500? I sure would. Hire some one if you don’t have the time or inclination to do the cleaning yourself. Not only will you get more money for it when you sell, but you will save a lot of your own valuable time. If it is clean it will be EASY to sell quickly.

Regards, doc