finally first deal,one thing that stinks though.. - Posted by Steve M

Posted by Andi(CRO) on July 07, 2002 at 19:24:30:

Hi Steve
I dont know the answers for your post,but CONGRATULATIONS for your first deal!

Keep going…

finally first deal,one thing that stinks though… - Posted by Steve M

Posted by Steve M on July 07, 2002 at 19:04:02:

The HOUSE smells like sh*t and urine everywhere. we tore allllll the carpet down to the ugly blue lanolium and it still smells like crap. i really for the life of me dont know how to get the smell out. please give me some suggestions. after we get all the stuff out the house looks pretty good.

i would also like some info from those of you know how to short sell a bank.
what needs to be included in the loan packet for the bank. i have a letter of distress from the seller
a fictitious contract with the price we want to get it for but i think i am missing alot of things please help

thanks for all the help you make an old man proud (im 23 jk)

Re: finally first deal,one… - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on July 08, 2002 at 15:27:57:

I purchased a home for myself and family from a pet owner who was not too concerned with where his dogs relieved themselves. Before having the new carpets installed, we had the concrete pad sealed with a deodorizing agent. You may want to check with a local home improvement store, or even a professional installer for the name of a good sealant. If you talk to a contractor that deals with apartment complexes and commercial properties, they can probably recommend a specific brand, as they deal with such issues constantly. Whether you’re floors are wood or cement will make a difference as well.

Gook luck!

You’re working on the house - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 07, 2002 at 22:57:09:

and you don’t own it yet? Is that smart? I really don’t know. Maybe some of the veterans can help. I’ve been doing this business for a couple of years now and although it’s been tempting, I never put a dime of rehab in until I officially owned the property. Too much could go wrong leading up to the closing table.

Am I missing something?

Re: finally first deal,one thing that stinks… - Posted by TH

Posted by TH on July 07, 2002 at 22:30:32:

I’ve used bleach in the past to get rid of pet smells. Assuming that you are going to be putting new flooring on top of the area, mix 1/3 to 1/2 bleach with water and mop it into the floor. Make sure to vent the area well and don’t plan to work in the area until letting it air out for several hours.

Good luck!