Finally getting started in Oklahoma - Posted by Jerry (Hutch) Hutchens

Posted by Tara on February 15, 2001 at 01:51:56:

Hello. I am in OK also and very interested in REI. I just finished reading RDPD and I have been doing a lot of research on the CS program. It sounds like a great opportunity and I can’t wait to get started. I could use a mentor or support group to point me in the right direction.

Finally getting started in Oklahoma - Posted by Jerry (Hutch) Hutchens

Posted by Jerry (Hutch) Hutchens on January 28, 2001 at 12:52:25:

Hi all,

Have been reading the board for a couple of days and thought that I should let you know that I was lurking.

I actually bought the course over two years ago. I was in a real bind and shortly after purchasing the course had to file bankruptcy. I was pretty depressed about the bankruptcy and the course got put in a drawer. I got to thinking that there was no way that a seller would sell me a house with my past credit history. I mean all seller at least do some kind of credit check, right?

Well it is that kind of thinking that has kept me where I am for two additional years.

One year ago I bought a house for my own personal use. I found a nice 3 bed brick 2-car that had been a rental property for 10 years with a lot of deferred maintenance (read a lot of cosmetic work needed). I actually was trying to rent the place to get my kids into a better school district. With what I remembered from the CS course I ended up buying the place with 0 down and had the place fixed up liveable in about a month and $1000 worth of materials.

This is the second house that I have bought this way - the first was let go back in the bankruptcy.

A couple of months ago I was going through the garage cleaning up and came across the CS course in a box. I started thinking about it night and day until I dug the course back out and started going over it again. I am proud to say that I am well on the way to purchasing my first investment property. I have found a nice 4 plex that the owner went to prison and his wife can’t handle. The place is cash flowing $300 a month right now that I can just step into.

I am not sure what finally got me motivated, but I do know that it had a lot to do with the fact that the house that I have now is the second 0 Down that I bought. The first was bought without the benifit of the CS course and the second with a dim memory of the course. I spent very little time looking for either house. Now if I can do that then I am convinced that I can find investment properties much easier using the CS steps.

I would really like to find an investment group / CS group here in the Central OK area. Is there any out there?

If so drop me a line, I need to be around some folks that are already doing this to help keep my motivation going until I get my first yes.

Thanks

Hutch

Re: Finally getting started in Oklahoma - Posted by KentF

Posted by KentF on January 29, 2001 at 11:38:06:

I’m in Oklahoma as well. I bought the course about 6 months ago and am having a hard time getting the nerve to start… We should keep in touch.