Finally on my way!!! - Posted by Jason Turner

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on February 16, 2000 at 13:15:07:

You have made a bold move taking the plunge. Best of luck to you in your new venture

Michael Morrongiello

Finally on my way!!! - Posted by Jason Turner

Posted by Jason Turner on February 16, 2000 at 01:11:16:

I have been wanting to get involved in real estate (Notes and properties) for over a year a now, but would always make up some sort of excuse. I did something today, which probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do, which was quit my job. I felt I needed to do something to get me going. I am in college part time and looking to get into notes to help me with income. Just thought I would post this to everyone.

Thanks

Jason

Re: Finally on my way!!! - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on February 16, 2000 at 16:30:05:

As Mike said, “Bold Move”. For some it is dangerous and for some it is the best way to get going. I guess we’ll see which. Try to take things one step at a time and not feel “Too” pressured. Direct what pressure you feel into getting results.

OK, now you need to hit the ground running.

Step one - Read EVERYTHING on this newsgroup and all the articles by me and others about paper.

Step two - Check in here DAILY. Post your plans, goals and daily activities. Give others a chance to critique, assist, follow and encourage your progress.

Step three - Study what books and courses you have a little bit daily.

Step four - Take at least a step or two of postitive action every day. Set realistic goals that you will un-conditionally keep. Forget the “Shoot for the moon and maybe you will hit the treetops nonsense” that some people advocate.

DO NOT set a goal that is un-doable for you - right now - given your skills and circumstance. Set a goal that you un-conditionally know you can achieve and then absolutely DO IT - NO MATTER WHAT. Then AND ONLY THEN - raise your goals and your sights. Achieve the goal first then move on.

I’ve archived some of the posts about finding and funding notes at my website, so check those out - that should be a good resource.