FINALLY! photos of flexitech flooring installed - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 12, 2006 at 17:09:58:

sweeeeet

FINALLY! photos of flexitech flooring installed - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 09, 2006 at 22:27:17:

for the story of this sheet floor covering product, go here:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/62341.html

for photos of the product samples close-up, and newly added photos of the product installed, go here:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gotc

and go to the flexitec album

Re: FINALLY! photos of flexitec - Posted by Steve Contois

Posted by Steve Contois on May 10, 2006 at 17:32:19:

Fantastic picture. The visual on the floor looks dynamite. Question: Did you lose lay or glue? Do you install yourself? If not, are you paying the installer by the sf or hourly?

Re: Flexitec - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on May 10, 2006 at 07:43:58:

Beautiful! Looks like hardwood or laminate from the pictures. Bet you get some “ooohs and aaaahs” from your buyers.

Re: FINALLY! photos of flexitech installed - Posted by Michael(KCMO)

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on May 10, 2006 at 24:18:12:

Steve,

The Flexitec looks great! I noticed the other day that they carry the stuff at Sutherlands, so I was able to get a good, up-close look at it. They weren’t nearly so inexpensive as you’re getting it for though. :wink:

Keep it up,
Michael(KCMO)

Re: FINALLY! photos of flexitec - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 10, 2006 at 22:12:42:

semi-loose lay using double stick tape at traffic points. I bought the tool shown in the video for $75, and he says worth every penny. (there was a link to an install video here a few weeks ago- archive search for it)

The guy installing does everything, and I dont pay by the hour - I pay by the job. He figures his hourly and est time, and if a fair overall price, I agree. Then I tell him that if he wants to work faster, Ill still pay the same amount. Prevents milking the clock - and me.

So - I dont know WHAT it cost me for install - the whole job incl flooring, painting, plumbing, ceiling repair, dishwasher install, porch repair, HWT cover fabrication and install, etc etc for $600 labor.

Re: FINALLY! photos of flexitec - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on May 10, 2006 at 19:22:06:

Steve,

Should we be using this? Tom’s about to lay kitchen flooring in #42, maybe we should give this a try?

Karl

Re: FINALLY! photos of flexitech installed - Posted by Ray (MO)

Posted by Ray (MO) on May 12, 2006 at 12:57:54:

How much is Steve getting that flextech for? I must have missed that thread.
Ray

talk to Steve - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 10, 2006 at 22:08:45:

Steve C. can probably give you your answers quicker - I would recommend getting in touch twith the factory in Dalton GA and getting your hands on some samples - call me tomorrow