Financing advice anyone? - Posted by Brandon (IL)

Posted by mjohnson on September 17, 2003 at 11:05:50:

as long as you have proof of timely payments, an FHA loan would be a decent 1st time homebuyer’s program. They will usually do a loan for you no matter what your credit score is as long as you have perfect rental history. they typically require 3% down and closing costs. the downside is that you don’t get the best interest rates on the market and there is mortgage insurance unless you have 20% to put down.

Financing advice anyone? - Posted by Brandon (IL)

Posted by Brandon (IL) on September 16, 2003 at 15:50:14:

Just curious if anyone knows of an IL specific or nation wide lender that could help me given the following information:

I wish to refinance the home I reside in, and have been lease-purchasing for the past 2 years or so. I can provide bank records proving I have made the last 22-23 months payments on the home, and can show with leases from roommates that the payment is covered by them. (Which will hopefully help with the potential roadblocks I list below)

Also I will be a first time home buyer and would like to take advantage of any first time homebuyer or owner occupancy programs that I can.

The downsides, my credit is bad and I can show very little income but I can get a co-signer. Also wondering if there is anyway I can use two vehicles I own free and clear to help with the process, use as leverage, etc.

Any and all advice appreciated!

Brandon (IL)