FIND A MENTOR-AN HONEST ONE - Posted by V

Posted by HR on March 05, 2001 at 17:40:21:

What if I told you about a group of folks who just loved talking about real estate? Loved the topic. Loved sharing successes and failures. Loved sharing techniques and insights.

In this group, you could find newbies like yourself who are on the same path, as well as folks further down the road. Some who have even made it to financial independence.

Would this be a valuable service to you? Especially if it only cost about $100/year.

It exists. It’s your local real estate investing group (reia). Visit the groups here, and visit their website at www.nareia.com. Call them if need be; not all the reia groups are listed. If yours isn’t, it’s the best nickel you could spend.

Your reia group is the single most important ingredient to your success, bar none. More important than this site or anything here. If you don’t take advantage of it, you’re saying you aren’t serious and/or want to fail.

HR

FIND A MENTOR-AN HONEST ONE - Posted by V

Posted by V on March 05, 2001 at 16:12:23:

Every one on here complains about this or complains about that. FIND A MENTOR. What comes around goes around. From what i’m learning the only REAL WAY TO LEARN is to by getting out in the flields, absorbing, listening. Why not pay for it. LET’S JUST SAY come around GOES AROUND

Re: FIND A MENTOR-AN HONEST ONE - Posted by Melissa

Posted by Melissa on March 06, 2001 at 21:56:30:

Hi,

I am an anxious and scared newbie. 22 years old and excited about beginning my road to financial independence. I need a mentor. I bought the CS Program and have gone through it, I was contacted by their mentor program which charges a fee of 2500 bucks. They say they will guide you through the process and it sounds pretty good. They gaurantee that you will purchase at least one home no money down. If not, by the end of the 6 month course, they will continue to work with you until you do.

I have good credit, live with my parents (rent free), I have a small savings, need a new car (mine recently gave out)and My company may do lay offs…I am hesitant. Do you think that 2500 bucks is a reasonable fee…I would much prefer the guidance to avoid major mistakes, but am a little skeptical…Do I just have cold feet? What would you guys suggest???

Did I mention that I am in NYC?
Thanks for your help!