finder - Posted by Terry Fields

Posted by Terry (the hunter) on February 03, 2001 at 08:20:12:

Sorry about that I’m in Cleveland,Ohio Thanks for the replay

finder - Posted by Terry Fields

Posted by Terry Fields on February 03, 2001 at 07:12:41:

Hi looking to make money finding other people houses to buy can anyone help me get started,and is there any material I can read or buy to help me. I’m ready to get started. Thanks Terry

Re: finder - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on February 03, 2001 at 16:44:09:

Terry,

Everyone is right, you want to be a principal in the deal. Frankly, you’ll make more money that way too.

Check out Bronchick’s article on Flipping Properties to other Investors for profit:
http://www.creonline.com/art-150.html

Monique

Re: finder - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 03, 2001 at 13:46:08:

In Ohio if you find a property “for another and for a fee” You are acting as a Real Estate Broker…So, I would first suggest that you read the Ohio Revised Code sec 4735. This will tell you all about the requirements to be a real estate broker, and there are many requirements. Licensing is also required, and this sec will tell you about that as well. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of other requirements in that State of Ohio revised code sec. ; that must all be met as well.

If you are properly educated, licensed in another state; or somehow otherwise qualified the state “may” allow you to sit for the brokers license exam (it takes all day), and then again they may want you to meet the requirements of the law specifically.

There is a way to do what you want to do without a license, that is as follows:
You will need to be a principal in the transaction, That is to say you need to be the buyer, or the seller; etc. There are some other ways as well, read and study.

Terry, just deciding that you want to “find” houses for investors has lots of pitfalls, and I suggest that you learn at least some of them before you start not after the fact. It’s a little like me deciding that I am going to fill one of my own teeth, I better not need to stop in the middle of the procedure to figure out what to do next.

Good luck, and do not hesitate to read and study.

Re: finder - Posted by Mike Collins

Posted by Mike Collins on February 03, 2001 at 08:16:15:

Where are you located Terry? I need a finder. For information on how to get started, read this site from start to finish and ask lots of questions. Good luck.