Finding a home in Jacksonville - Posted by James (FL)

Posted by James (FL) on July 18, 2003 at 14:14:13:

I am a lender for this person. Therefor they are my client. I am trying to point them in the right direction as to what sort of home they should be looking for. I will get no compensation for the sale of the home, therefor I am violating no laws. My compensation comes by me lending them the money to purchase a home. I do not get involved with the contracts etc. I simply find a home I think that might fit into their scenario, and them send them to negotiate, along with what I have them approved for. That is why I locate for sale by owner homes, because there are no realtors involved. The last time I checked, it was not illegal to refer a friend to someone who was selling their home, nor is it illegal to act as a lender for a friend, therefor making them your client from a professional lender standpoint.
please let me know if I am mistaken here.
thank you for the LEGAL reply to my otherwise very simple question. =)

James

Finding a home in Jacksonville - Posted by James (FL)

Posted by James (FL) on July 18, 2003 at 10:24:29:

Hello all,

I am located in Orlando Fl, and am trying to find a home for a client in Jacksonville. They want to live in the Orange Park area. Is there a Jacksonville, or Orange Park newspaper that has their clasified ads online? I am looking for a home where the seller will be willing to carry a back second. I am assuming an investor will be the best way to go on this. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Re: Finding a home in Jacksonville - Posted by keith hutson

Posted by keith hutson on July 18, 2003 at 13:58:02:

Hello

Orange Park has its own newpaper called Clay Today.
The link is ophs.net

I don’t see anything indicating they are online.

I live in Jacksonville. If they are unaware of the massive traffic problems they may want to think twice about living in OP. The Mandarin area of Jacksonville is just across the river and housing is comparable.

Good luck
Keith Hutson

Re: Florida Times Union - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on July 18, 2003 at 12:36:32:

http://www.jacksonville.com/classifieds/realestate_index.shtml

Regards,
Barry

Re: Oh, Florida - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 18, 2003 at 12:13:21:

Jacksonville Ohio is a very small town.

Client? What is the professional relationship that you have with this person (client)? The activity that you are describing leans very much toward the activities of a real estate broker, are you one? Of course you know that a broker needs a license, and when you call someone your client you indicate a contractual professional relationship.

When you indicate a professional relationship, you are indication that you are the professional. You are holding yourself out to be an expert. Of course you then make yourself a target for suits for errors and ommissions, since you are the expert as attested by your use of the word “client”.

Suggestion: find out what your relationship is with this person, and then limit your association with them to legal activities, and learn to use the proper terms just to protect yourself.