Finding a Title Company who will allow a Flip! - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Bill K. _ FL on February 09, 2000 at 10:32:07:

Because the seller is transferring title without being compensated. How does he know for sure the deal will be funded? What if it doesn’t get funded? My point was that most title cos. will not have a problem doing this. If the seller is very motivated or is unaware(as in the case of an institutional seller possibly)it shouldn’t make a difference. An attorney rep the seller probably wouldn’t be too thrilled either.

Finding a Title Company who will allow a Flip! - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Tony James on February 08, 2000 at 22:22:48:

The last thing i need to do now is find a TITLE COMPANY that will let me do a FLIP. I want to Close 1 Deal, then close 2 days later when the funding is available. Is there title companys that will do this? Or should I hire an attorney? Or is there a difference?

Re: Finding a Title Company who will allow a Flip! - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on February 09, 2000 at 09:26:42:

You shouldn’t have any trouble finding one. This is called a dry close. (no money changes hands) The seller might have a problem with it however.

Re: Finding a Title Company who will allow a Flip! - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 09, 2000 at 03:35:39:

Tony-

Depending on where you are closing will determine if you are required to have an attorney. Some states require an attorney for closing.

Fellow investors in your area can lead you to a title company or attorney who is familiar with investors and these types of deals.

-Chris

Re: Seller question - Posted by NB (ID)

Posted by NB (ID) on February 09, 2000 at 10:23:22:

Why would the seller have a problem with this?