Finding buyers - Posted by Robert

Posted by Lynn on November 08, 2000 at 19:36:45:

I thought you were selling the property on lease-purchase? Lease purchase “is” owner financing. Owner financing comes in many forms. When you get telephone calls let them know how “your” owner finance/lease-purchase program works.

Since you are giving such a large rent credit your “deal” is better than other types of owner financing. Put the numbers together on your financial calculator and SELL your program.

Good Luck!
Lynn

Finding buyers - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on November 08, 2000 at 10:12:36:

I lease optioned a house worth $150,000 and I am having a very difficult time in finding a qualified buyer. I am offering a $500.00 monthly credit towards the down payment. I am asking $1,200.00 a month. Where can advertise to get the higher class buyer?
All I am getting is buyers who can only pay $600-$800 a month. I am advertising in several papers. This is the way my ad reads.
LEASE/PURCHASE
Beautiful country home on 1 acre
4bed/2bath 2600 sq. ft.
$500.00 monthly credit towards downpayment
$154,900.00

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Re: Finding buyers - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on November 08, 2000 at 18:33:26:

Try advertising “Owner Finance” instead of lease purchase. This has worked for us on the higher priced homes. You can still sell them on lease purchase - lease purchase is a form of owner financing.

I also agree with Kate that you might want to include the monthly payment.

Your ad also does not address the Easy Qualifing and Low Down. These are strong selling points that you are missing.

Happy Investing!
Lynn

Re: Finding buyers - Posted by Kate

Posted by Kate on November 08, 2000 at 14:14:45:

You might want to add what you will charge per month. Lazy paper scanners may be seeing the $500 figure and assuming that is the cost of rent. Something like:
$1200/month with $500 credited towards down payment
Just an idea. Good luck.
Kate

Re: Finding buyers - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on November 08, 2000 at 19:22:02:

How can I offer it as owner financing when I am only leasing it. Wouldn’t that be mis-leading the buyer?

Thanks,
Robert