Finding good CPA/Attorneys for RE investments - Posted by Mark (Dallas)

Posted by Deron Mercer on June 16, 1999 at 13:55:43:

Mark,

Try going to the AIREO website, It is a website for an investment club that meets once a month in Dallas. With the network of investors, realtors and mortgage professionals that are members I am sure someone can recommend a good CPA and a good attorney. Good Luck.
The website address is http://www.aireo.com

Finding good CPA/Attorneys for RE investments - Posted by Mark (Dallas)

Posted by Mark (Dallas) on June 16, 1999 at 12:26:05:

I live in Dallas and an need of a good CPA & Attorney to consult on numerious real estate deals. I also want to setup a trust / LLP etc. Is there a place I can go that may have a list of attorney / CPAs that deal in real estate investing?

Mark

Re: Finding good CPA/Attorneys for RE investments - Posted by Pete

Posted by Pete on June 16, 1999 at 19:49:38:

www.acrel.org/public

Posted by Pete on June 16, 1999 at 19:42:03:

Check out the ACREL (American College of Real Estate Lawyers) at www.acrel.org/public

Posted by Pete on June 16, 1999 at 19:38:43:

Check out the ACREL (American College of Real Estate Lawyers) web site at www.acrel.org/public. You can locate RE lawyers near you. Pete

Re: Finding good CPA/Attorneys for RE investments - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on June 16, 1999 at 17:21:49:

I am not sure if this is what you want to hear but there were 2 places I looked to find a decent one: phone book and your local REI club. You will likely have to interview them to see if they are knowledgeable of the creative RE side of things.

Unless you can luck out by having a good referral by another investor, you may have to do it the hard way by simply starting to dial numbers.

I had to interview about 7 attorneys before I found one who was knowledgeable of land trusts, lease/options, creative transactions, etc. My advice is to stay away from the larger firms. They are less receptive to the small guy.

Re: Finding good CPA/Attorneys for RE investments - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on June 16, 1999 at 14:12:26:

To do Trusts(assuming land trusts) get Bronchik’s course, it’ll save you some bucks. Just now found a CPA, still on the lookout for an attorney. I’m in the Dallas area also.

David Alexander