Finding Investors - Posted by Edels

Posted by blucat on May 28, 2007 at 17:21:08:

Start talking to everybody you know about what THEY are currently investing in, how pleased they are, what kind of yield they’d like to get, what kind of risk they’re willing to take, how much they are interested in putting into a deal, etc.

Take notes.

Then structure your deal so it works for the investor and commence telling him & her what kind of deal you have, how strong it is, its potential for profit, etc.

I’ve been doing this for years and have a list of hundreds of REIs whom I include in my deals now when I put them together.

You want it quick, so better get off the couch and start in.

Your local REI group is a good place to start as you already know those people do have an interest in REI.

A lot of my investors have come as referrals from others I’ve talked to and I always make it worth their while by giving them a piece of my profit.

Finding Investors - Posted by Edels

Posted by Edels on May 28, 2007 at 16:36:29:

I am interested in wholesaling and have read about all I can read on this and know I need a good price to make it attractive. My problem is, when my first deal comes along how do I find investors to sell to and quickly? I do not have a list of investors at this point so I do not have anyone to market the house to. Can anyone suggest how I get a list of investors to market the house to when its closed?

Re: Finding Investors - Posted by Ronnie

Posted by Ronnie on June 04, 2007 at 20:28:13:

First of all let me say i am a newbie myself but do know an answer to this. Like the previous post stated your local RE club is a good place to start. There are lots of folks there who would love for you to do the leg work. Start at the end and create your buyers list first so you have people to send deals to. The faster you find buyers the faster you get paid. Collect their information and keep it. Ask them things like how much they like to spend, are they a cash buyer, where do they buy. Build a long list of buyers and you’ll have no problems getting deals done faster and getting paid faster.

Re: Finding Investors - Posted by David C. Cooper

Posted by David C. Cooper on May 29, 2007 at 18:16:50:

I’ve also been building a list of investors and I’ve had good responses from local landlords, mortgage and real estate companies.

Now, it’s time to find some deals.

8^D