finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by delwin

Posted by Luke Jones on January 26, 2001 at 02:32:29:

Thanks for the info. Actually, now that you mention it that sounds pretty simple. I really need to learn things first though. I’m really JUST starting out in this. I just want to know the most efficient way I can get to where I want to be. Thanks.

finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by delwin

Posted by delwin on January 25, 2001 at 08:41:44:

I was wondering is their is a list or somewhere I can look to find rehab investors to flip properties to for a profit in the Houston,Texas area?

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 26, 2001 at 05:02:48:

Delwin,
When I first started, only a couple of yers ago, I had no idea where to look for cash buyers.
So, I ran an ad as suggested below.
My ad was simple, and got many calls.
The ad said:
Do you buy homes for cash?
If so, call xxx-xxx-xxxx
Rehabbers and investors welcomed.

I got a nice little list of cash buyers to flip to.
When they called and asked about what property I had, I simply told them that I was someone who often found GREAT deals on homes WELL UNDER market value, and would be willing to assign the deals to them.
I then gather their buying criteria and asked them how fast they could close.
After I tied up some homes I called them all and sent them to see the homes.
SEVERAL flips later, many of them called me when looking for a new project and said "Jim, I am now looking for a new project and thought I’d call you to see what you have available.

Try the ad, it worked for me.

HTH,
Jim IL

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by R.Barr

Posted by R.Barr on January 25, 2001 at 10:27:51:

Look in the paper for ads that say I/We buy houses Cash!! These are mostly investors that rehab homes and then rent them out. They would be glad that you are have houses to flip to them.

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by delwin

Posted by delwin on January 25, 2001 at 10:43:20:

Thanks for the reply.

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by margaret

Posted by margaret on January 25, 2001 at 11:18:07:

Hi! Delwin I am also in the Houston area and just starting out. I am mainly working with flips, and learning a little more about lease options. I would be glad to find someone in my area who I could bounce ideas off of. I have just located 2 investment clubs I woud like to join. write back or e-mail me any time.

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by Luke Jones

Posted by Luke Jones on January 25, 2001 at 13:03:09:

Hi Margaret, and Delwin. My name is Luke Jones and I’m also beginning to get into flipping in the Houston area. I would love to chat with both of you and bounce some ideas around. Feel free to email me if you would like to talk. Also, Margaret, let me know which investment clubs you are considering because I am looking to join one or two also. Thanks and I hope to hear from both of you.

Re: finding investors to flip properties to. - Posted by SIX

Posted by SIX on January 25, 2001 at 19:46:36:

Run an ad in your sunday paper. " Rehab Specials cash buyers only" and your phone number. Even if you do not have anything for sale at that time, take down information and when you get a property to flip call the people back from your new “CASH BUYER LISTS”!!! This will not fail you!!