finding local investors - Posted by mike

Posted by Bob- Tx on February 25, 2002 at 12:26:46:

Be careful about taking someone in you don’t have a relationship with. Best bet is, once you a list of potential buyers and their parameters for buying, get it under contract with an escape clause that allows you some time to find that buyer. Once you have it under contract then spread the word and get it sold. If several investors look and are not interested then either negotiate a better price or bail out.

finding local investors - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on February 25, 2002 at 24:33:48:

I am going to try to do some “flipping”. How can I find some investors in my area that can buy the properties I find?

Re: finding local investors - Posted by Bashir

Posted by Bashir on February 26, 2002 at 17:20:03:

Outside of the normally discussed methodology, you can also find investors lurking around the tax assessors office, and also in the deed books. When I say in the deed books I mean if you go to search the deed books yourself, you can often find other investors down there searching also.

Re: finding local investors - Posted by Josh

Posted by Josh on February 25, 2002 at 15:16:52:

I have wholesaled 2 houses on the uslandco.com site. They have a huge database of investors in each state. If you fill out one of their sell your home forms it gets emailed to all the investors in your state. It’s the easiest way I’ve found to find other investors. On one form I filled out I got 23 calls from other investors the next day. Hope this helps.

Re: finding local investors - Posted by njdave

Posted by njdave on February 25, 2002 at 06:45:31:

Place an newspaper classifed ad “Losing my home… Need to sell fast!”

I’d bet that your phone would ring…

Re: finding local investors - Posted by Shawn (OR)

Posted by Shawn (OR) on February 25, 2002 at 02:02:25:

Grab a copy of the local newspaper. Go to the classifieds and look for a section that says something like Real Estate Wanted. You should see several ads from people saying things like “We Buy Houses!”

Now just go ahead and call those folks up and explain what you want to do. See if they’d be interested in purchasing houses from you.

I hope this helps. Go check out Jackie Lange’s article at http://www.creonline.com/art-118.htm sometime. I found it useful.

Re: finding local investors - Posted by walt

Posted by walt on February 25, 2002 at 24:44:56:

Yes I would like to know that as well.

why would investors be in the tax ass office? - Posted by sean

Posted by sean on February 26, 2002 at 17:22:37:

why would investors be in the tax ass office?

Thanks

~Sean

Re: finding local investors - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on February 25, 2002 at 02:35:12:

thanks! Oh, one more question… Whats the best aproach to the flip purchase without any $. should I set up a rehab investor 1st, by taking him/her to the property and getting an offer from him that is more than the sellers price?