Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by carson

Posted by Luke Hoppel on April 09, 2006 at 24:23:02:

Ok, yeah I see your point. The basis of it all is find the people that send the tax bills and you will find your answers.

Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by carson

Posted by carson on April 07, 2006 at 13:53:24:

Im sure this has been covered before but… I know of a bunch of different sites to find owners. For example im looking up this one guy, found a number but it was discounected (switchboard.com)…

Then i found another number for a guy with the same name in the same city but its a different address (yahoo). This could be the guy but i dont know.

Now I looked at a different site and they found 7 listings of guys with the same name in the same city (ussearch.com)…

Do they all charge you for them? Or is there a site that works well but is free? Most seem to charge around $25.00 a shot. Now if your searching a lot, this can get pretty expensive cause your probably not going to buy every home you search for.

What are free/CHEAP ways to find the owners? Ive heard go to the court house, but do you just say “Im looking or the owner of 123 ABC Ave N”?

What do you think?

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on April 12, 2006 at 10:21:23:

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-079.html

A little dated . .

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by Elizabeth NJ

Posted by Elizabeth NJ on April 07, 2006 at 21:41:25:

Carson,

There are many free sites to track down owners of vacant properties, to name a few zabasearch.com, searchbug.com, but your best resource at hand is the phone book.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it seems to me that you’re angry & frustrated already after just a few calls to wrong numbers. You will probably have to call many many people before you get a lead.

Try this. I have recommended it to many people and it works.

Go to your local county deed office, pull a copy of the deed that conveyed the property to your missing owner, and look for the name of the attorney that represented the seller of the property. Call that attorney & ask his office if they can check their file and give you the name of the attorney who represented the buyer in that transaction [that’s your missing owner]. Call that attorney and see if they have current contact information for this person or family members.

If you intend to work on vacant properties, you must prepare yourself for a lot of digging, wrong numbers, maybe even hostile people on the other end of the phone. But hang in there. If you’re diligent and use all resources AND READ ALL RELEVANT INFO ON THIS SITE, you will be successful.

Good luck.

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by Jason_ga

Posted by Jason_ga on April 07, 2006 at 15:44:28:

first, go find where the tax bill is sent…

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by carson

Posted by carson on April 07, 2006 at 16:29:00:

and how do you do that?

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by The Frisco Kid

Posted by The Frisco Kid on April 07, 2006 at 21:53:50:

Carson

Not to sound harsh but if your going to deal with real estate don’t you think you should find out about real estate property taxes and how they work? How about actually opening up the telephone book to the government pages and making a few calls to broaden your knowledge.

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on April 08, 2006 at 19:43:17:

Contact the tax assessor’s office. Just google “tax assessor for xx county”.

Re: Finding owners of vacant properties - Posted by The Frisco Kid

Posted by The Frisco Kid on April 08, 2006 at 22:52:12:

Luke

Depends on where you live, in my county you would want the county tax collector, not the assessor, so again I say open up the telephone book and ask some questions.