Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on March 28, 2001 at 15:30:45:

I figured that if I contacted people in the area I’d like to buy, then I may get luckly and find a don’t wanter. If they aren’t interested now, they may be in the future and hopefully they will have my number.

Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on March 28, 2001 at 13:16:57:

I would like to begin looking for property in the city records. I was thinking of compiling a list of properties that I was interested in buying and sending letters to the owners of those properties. If they aren’t currently interested, they would hopefully remember me for the future. If I want to look up who owns has the deed to the property where do I go? City/town hall? What part specifically? Does anyone know if there’s a fee involved? Has anyone tried this? Thanks for your help!

Ryan

Re: Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by Todd (MO)

Posted by Todd (MO) on March 28, 2001 at 21:12:39:

Ryan,

If you are wanting to find out who owns a property, check with the tax assessors office. Find out the procedure they use (there is no charge). They typically work with book and page or plat numbers to locate property. Call city engineering with the address to get these, then take them to Tax assessors to find out owner.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Re: Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on March 28, 2001 at 13:22:31:

Ryan, you don’t say what kinds of properties you’re looking for. That is, there’s no way to tell you whether or not you’re wasting your time unless we know what you’re going there to look FOR.

The procedures differ at every courthouse, and also differ according to what type of property you’re looking for.

Re: Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on March 28, 2001 at 14:04:30:

I would like to find 2-4 family homes and even single family.

Re: Finding property at city/town hall - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on March 28, 2001 at 14:16:58:

You’d do better getting motivated sellers to call you. Advertise that you’re looking for 2-4 family homes. Why spend a ton of time contact people who aren’t interested in selling?