Finding Realtor that local bank deals with - Posted by ErickaD

Posted by John Corey on May 27, 2006 at 07:21:39:

Do not worry about sounding stupid on the phone. You likely know more about RE deals than the person on the other end.

1. If the property is listed there should be a sign or something similar. I am assuming we are not talking about a listed property.

2. How would you know who the bank uses until you ask? Hence it is a reasonable question. Call the bank. Ask for the department that handles REO property. You may find that most people who work at the bank do not know what the term REO means so you will have to explain. Tell them you are asking about a property that the bank took back at an auction (otherwise they might think loss mitigation for a loan that is still in place).

John Corey

Finding Realtor that local bank deals with - Posted by ErickaD

Posted by ErickaD on May 26, 2006 at 16:43:36:

I don’t want to sound stupid on the phone. I have the number of the guy who deals with loss mitigation. I am trying to find a good deal on an REO property. Do I just ask them which realtor do they use to list their REO properties and get that listing or is there more to be asked? Is it worth calling a local bank about REO property?

Thanks,

Ericka